This year, for the fifth time, the National Leon Wyczółkowski Painting Competition will take place in Bydgoszcz. The competition is for Polish painters, and its goal is to promote modern painting and to popularize knowledge about the outstanding artist – the patron of the competition – Leon Wyczółkowski, who was closely associated with Bydgoszcz. The competition is organized by the Bydgoszcz district of the Association of Polish Visual Artists (ZPAP), co-organized by the Municipal Gallery bwa in Bydgoszcz, and partnered by: Municipal Centre of Culture in Bydgoszcz, NCP POLAND Sp. z o.o. in Bydgoszcz, Sopot Auction House Bydgoszcz Branch, Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum in Bydgoszcz, Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology in Bydgoszcz.
Grand Prix (funded by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage) – 35,000 PLN
1st Prize – (funded by the President of the City of Bydgoszcz) – 20,000 PLN
2nd Prize – 10,000 PLN
3rd Prize – 8,000 PLN
Prize of the Board of NCP POLAND Sp. z o.o. in Bydgoszcz in the form of the purchase of a painting for the collection (jury: NCP POLAND Sp. z o.o. in Bydgoszcz).
Distinction of the Rector of the Bydgoszcz University of Science and Technology in Bydgoszcz – 2,500 PLN.
The Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum Award in Bydgoszcz in the form of a museum purchase
worth 5,000 PLN (jury: the representatives of the museum).
Award of the President of the Association of Polish Artists, Bydgoszcz Branch, in the form of an individual exhibition in the Galeria Wspólna in Bydgoszcz.
• Send pictures of the paintings from 1 to 15 June 2022 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com together with proof of payment (70 PLN) or to the following address: Okręg Bydgoski ZPAP, Plac Wolności 7, 85-004 Bydgoszcz.
• Pre-selection of works for the final exhibition until 17 July 2022.
• Submission of selected works by 1 to 15 August 2022.
• Selection of prize-winning works by 2 October 2022.
• Opening 4 October 2022, exhibition until 27 November 2022.
• Final date for collection of works after the exhibition 15 December 2022.